Facing the outbreak caused by the outbreak of SARS-CoV-2, to expedite the process and implementation of the final project in the form of submitting seminar proposals, research permits, and thesis exams during the outbreak, and according to FKIP Circular Letter NO. 4037/UN27.02/AK/2020. So here are some online procedures for Biology Education undergraduate students
A. Proposal Seminar registration procedure
The flow for registering for a seminar proposal is as follows:
- Students download the Semprop registration form during the KLB on the study program website: https://sites.google.com/view/pendbiogo-online/home.
- Furthermore, students will get a password to login in adminjur, and fill out the printed data form.
- Prepare for the next stage to the proposal seminar.
B. Mekanisme Teknis Pelaksanaan Seminar Proposal Online
- Proposal seminars are held on weekdays Monday – Friday
- Using Video Conference platforms such as Google Meet, UMeetMe or the like
- Participants enter by accessing the shared seminar link
- Click Join now to enter the online seminar
- Seminar guided by Advisor I
- During the presentation, it is expected that the microphone is turned off (marked in red on the mic button). While the camera can be turned on or off
- The proposal seminar is attended by a minimum of 15 students. Participants fill out the presence form that has been distributed in the form of a google form. Participants in the seminar were dressed neatly and politely.
- The BAP and Semprop administration are the same but filled out online (downloaded on the Study Program web)
- The proposal seminar is approximately 60 minutes divided into 3 sessions; a) Session I is the presentation of thesis proposals by students (10 minutes); b) Session II is a question and answer session from seminar participants; c) Session III is a question, input and suggestion from Supervisor II and Supervisor I /
- During the question and answer session, participants who want to ask questions can ask questions by writing a question request in the chat column. After the name of the participant is asked by the presenter, then the participant can turn on the microphone and camera to start asking questions (if this is not possible, then the question can be submitted through the chat column).
- The attendance list is filled out by students who are semprop by writing down students who are present accompanied by proof of a GoogleMeet screenshot.
- The seminar card is filled out, temporarily stored, and after the condition improves, it is collected at the thesis coordinator's desk (Dr Harlita, M.Si) to ask for the signature of the seminar moderator (Advisor 1).
- When the seminar has finished, click the leave call button to leave the conference.
D. Procedures for research permits follow FKIP rules regarding online licensing
E. Thesis Examination Procedure in the KLB Period
- Students download the registration form for the KLB thesis exam on the study program website: https://sites.google.com/view/pendbiogo-online/home.
- Students will get a password, to log in at adminjut, then they can fill in the printed data form.
- Students prepare for the next stage of the Thesis Examination
F. Procedures for online thesis exams with google meet
- Students have sent thesis scripts to all examiners at least one week before the exam day.
- The Video Conference link will be delivered by the chief examiner to the examiner board and students.
- The exam is opened by the Chief Examiner.
- The chief examiner invites the presenter to present the material/power point, the examiner can turn off the speaker (mute mode) first,
- Students submit research results in the form of a summary of a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Discussion, confirmation and question and answer session by all examiners, maximum 120 minutes.
- After finishing asking questions, each examiner fills out an assessment form on the page: https://sites.google.com/view/pendbiogo-online/home
- The chief examiner examines the recap of the assessment form from each examiner and uses it as the basis for making decisions on test results.
- The chief examiner closes the exam.
Thus, we convey this explanation, may it add to the ease of teaching and learning activities. We thank you for your cooperation.
Dr Muzzazinah, M.Si